Monday 28 July 2008

Ma Po Doufu and Ganbian Si Ji Dou


Ma Po Doufu and Ganbian Si Ji Dou
Originally uploaded by danielharbord

I think it's about time I got this blog going again!

I came home from a muggy, boring day at work and found this on the table. Not too shabby!

Well done brother!

These are 2 classic Sichuan dishes both using the unique Sichuan peppercorn which causes a slight numbing sensation in your mouth. Amazing! Someone recently told me that it contains small traces of cyanide that causes that unique anaesthetic effect. Whatever it is, since I came across it on my travels in China, I'm totally hooked!

If you want to try out any Sichuan food, check out Fuscia Dunlop's books- they are easy to follow and are about as authentic as you can possibly find!

1 comment:

Browners said...

Nice work Harbords! Looks delicious... although slightly worried by the cyanide aspect!

Fancy meeting up for dinner soon. Tom can cook!