Saturday 7 July 2007

Revolving restaurants and food blowouts!





Hello from Shanghai!

Some of my food exploits have been set back due to my parents both getting bouts of the delhi belly!

However, before things got too bad I did manage a eat as much as you like in a revolving restaurant at the top of our hotel. Plates of sashimi, oysters, lamb in sichuan sauce, fried prawns, langostines...you name it, we ate it...pretty good although I must say I would have preferred less but higher quality dishes!

Been eating a lot of shao long bao- a kind of steamed dumpling with pork that catches all novices off guard by squirting hot juice in your mouth at first bite...delicious though and I'm getting used to the dumpling breakfast.

Had a crazy meal tonight...though I took the photo in raw and can't put it up at the mo! 30 separate dishes of meats, quails eggs, beansprouts, etc are layed out on a plate with a bowl of broth and a bowl of white noodles. You then pick the ones you want and put them all together in the bowl...v v pointless but adds some fun to the whole experience...v cheap too- about 70 pence!

Going to eat at the Grand Hyatt tomorrow- the tallest hotel in the world...v excited. I reckon it could be really special.

Until next time!

No comments: